Rentals of Theater and Studios
Located in a former carriage house on 7 acres in beautiful Fairmount Park, the art center has several art studios, a dance room, a professionally equipped theater, an art gallery and a kitchen. In 2007, the facility was renovated to create a much more attractive, functional and safe place to enjoy the arts. The grounds include a playground and four tennis courts, a basketball court, an open field and plenty of free parking near the building.
Allens Lane Art Center occassionally rents out it's theater and studios to the general public for a variety of events: Weddings, parties, Anniversaries, business meetings, and performances. Since the center's rooms are not available at all times, you are encouraged to contact us to see which times and dates would be available. We also encourage anyone who is interested but has not yet toured the facility to contact us and set up a time to tour the facility.
- Our fees to rent any of the spaces is $150 per hour (per room).
- The time for set up and break down of your event will be charged to your total.
- There is a three hour minimum to rent any of our spaces.
- There is a $150 non-refundable deposit to hold the space. This gets rolled into your final rental total.
- The theater is rented with house lights only. If you wish to have the use of our theater lights and sound, there is an additional $35 per hour to hire our Theater Manager. He can work with you to set up the theater lighting and will run the system for you during your engagement.
- We ask all events that require food to use our in-house caterer: Myriad Delights. Once a date has been set, we would encourage you to contact Myriad Delights to discuss your event and your event needs.
- All parties are required to have event-insurance. This is a simple rider that you can obtain from your current insurance provider. A copy of this rider needs to be on file at the center.
- Renting the theater space also includes the use of our box office, lobby, green room and bathrooms. There is an additional charge for the use of the kitchen.
- The use of the space also comes with the use of the rooms tables and chairs.
- During your rental, the center's facility manager will be present to open up and lock the center. This person will be available for emergency situations.
- Artists wish to rent a studio(s) for their own use for practice or classes are encouraged to contact us. Lower fees for multiple day rentals are available for artists.
- There is a small discount available for rentals to non-profit organizations.
- The park area is run by Fairmount Park. For groups looking to use the park, we recommend that you contact Fairmount Park and obtain a permit for your event through them. Allens Lane Art Center does not schedule or oversee any of the activities that occur in the park.