SUMMER ART CAMP EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Allens Lane Art Center currently has a few positions available for applicants for it's Summer Art Camp program. These are seasonal employment opportunities. For the Dance Instructor/Specialist position, please read the details of the job below and submit your credentials as instructed. For Jr. and Sr. Camp Counselors, please use the form at the bottom of this page to submit your applications. - THANK YOU.
ALLENS LANE ART CENTER'S SUMMER ART CAMP - Dance Instructor/Specialist
Classification: Nonexempt (Seasonal)
Reports Directly to: Director
Position Purpose: To further the mission of the camp through the development and delivery of dance classes, and activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. To design and implement a hands-on program for the Dance department in conjunction with the Director’s artistic goals.
- Develop and deliver a dance program (physical and virtual) that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers.
- Write lesson plans that meet camp outcomes and the abilities of the campers. Provide a detailed outline of the proposed lesson plans and a supply list for your area before camp begins. Be prepare to alter the outline as required.
- Evaluate abilities of campers and staff.
- Design and deliver dance activities that make use of different dance disciplines (Modern, Hip/Hop, Ballet, Jazz, African etc.), make use of the camp’s natural environment, and use the resources most efficiently.
- Evaluate the success of the dance/studio program.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of staff training for dance and studio.
- Train other staff in their responsibilities in the dance studio/class.
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the dance/studio program area.
- Maintain the dance/studio equipment.
- Ensure the security of the dance/studio equipment and supplies, including clear inventory and planning for replacement of supplies in a timely manner.
- Conduct a daily check of the area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Clean studio area, keeping it free of hazards and debris.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading those as assigned
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, Mid-Camp and End-Of-Camp Productions and other all-camp activities and camp functions
- Assist in the planning of any special events especially in the areas of set design, and costumes
Qualifications (Minimum qualifications and experience)
- Documented experience in dance training, instruction and experience
- Must be able to become certified in First Aid & CPR (Camp will provide class)
- Must pass a drug screen test
- Must complete online child abuse awareness & prevention prior to first day of work
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Training and experience in teaching dance to children
- Desire and ability to work with children in varied conditions
- Experienced choreographer
- Experience in designing and making decorations and costumes is welcome, but not required
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to:
Sherry Ashton, Camp Director
Allens Lane Art Center
601 West Allens Lane, Phila. PA 19119
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Summer Art Camp Employment Application for CIT's, Jr. Counselors and Sr. Counselors
Please fill out and submit this form below to apply for employment with the Allens Lane Art Center's Summer Art Camp.
CIT's: POSITIONS FILLED
The Counselor-In-Training program is for teens entering 8th through 12th grade.
Jr. Counselors: The role of the junior counselor is to provide leadership for counselors-in-training, and assist senior counselors in day-to-day activities. This opportunity is available to teens in 11th and 12th grade.
Sr. Counselors: The senior counselor position is available to adults as well as young adults who have completed high school. Senior Counselors will be asked to supervise their group of campers throughout each activity, and provide leadership for the counselor-in-training and junior counselor. Once you have submitted this online application, please mail a copy of your current resume to: Summer Art Camp Director, Allens Lane Art Center, 601 West Allens Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19119.
The Allens Lane Art Center’s Summer Art Camp runs Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 3:30PM.
For All Applicants: YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE ENTIRE EIGHT WEEK PERIOD of camp plus orientation and training prior to the start of camp.
Allens Lane Art Center, Summer Art Camp - COUNSELOR Must Have Qualifications
All Counselors must have an in-depth visual or performing arts backgrounds.
If you are applying for a Junior or CIT (Counselor In Training) position you must show a list of classes you are or have previously taken.
If you are applying for a Senior Counselor position you must be or have one of the following:
- working and/or teaching professional artist
- certified visual or performing school teacher
- visual or performing arts graduates or in a college arts related degree (major or minor) program.
Visual Arts Candidates must bring a portfolio to the interview. All performing arts candidates must have a prepared audition piece and/or CD.
Once we receive your application, we will contact you should we want to schedule and interview. Not all applicants will be contacted.