Celebrate your special event in our historic building!
Allens Lane Art Center offers short term rental opportunities for special events, like birthday parties, anniversaries, meetings, music concerts, and performances. Located in a former carriage house on 7 acres in beautiful Fairmount Park, the Art Center has several art studios, a professionally equipped theater, an art gallery, and a kitchen.
Since the Center’s rooms are primarily utilized by our programs and offerings, you are encouraged to contact us to confirm availability. We also encourage anyone who is interested but has not yet visited the Center to contact us to schedule a tour of the facility.
Celebrate at Allens Lane Art Center with a themed birthday party by Claire Golden Drake.
- Our fee to rent the studios is $150 per hour (per room).
- The fee to rent the theater is $200 per hour.
- 1 hour on each end of the rental is complimentary for set up and break-down.
- There is a three-hour minimum charge to rent any of our spaces.
- There is a $150 non-refundable deposit to hold the space. This payment is applied to your total rental fees due.
- The theater is rented with house lights only. If you wish to use our theater lights and sound, there is an additional $35 per hour fee to hire our Theater Manager. The Theater Manager can work with you to set up the theater lighting and will run the system for you during your engagement.
- All parties are required to have event insurance. This is a simple rider that you can obtain from your current insurance provider. A copy of this rider needs to be on file at the Center prior to the start of your event.
- Theater space rental includes the use of our box office, lobby, green room, and bathrooms. There is an additional charge for use of the kitchen.
- Space rental includes the use of the room’s tables and chairs.
- There is a small discount available for rentals to non-profit organizations.
For information on reserving spaces in the Park or Playground, please contact the City of Philadelphia’s Parks & Recreation Department, buy using the information provided below.
Park and Playground Reservations
The park area and playground are part of Fairmount Park, and are not under the authroity of Allens Lane Art Center. For information about park use permits or reserving the park for your event, contact the City of Philadelphia’s Parks and Recreation Department. Allens Lane Art Center does not schedule or oversee any of the activities that occur in the park, nor do we provide building access for Parks and Recreation reservations.