Marketing and Communications Intern
The Marketing and Communications Intern will assist the Executive Director in planning and executing the institution’s marketing, promotion, and communication plans. Interns will gain hands-on experience with various projects, including crafting mission-aligned messaging, developing marketing strategies, utilizing social media and email newsletters to communicate with our constituents, photography, and graphic design.
Reports to: Executive Director
Pay, benefits: unpaid position.
Work schedule, hours: 10-15 hours/week.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in planning and implementing strategic communications and marketing plans.
- Assist with managing Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Draft and compose email newsletters, social media posts, and communications with media.
- Support with graphic design and photography/digital media.
- Assist in updating the institution’s website.
- Participate in the design of 70th Anniversary branding and communications.
- Passion for communication and marketing within the arts field.
- Excellent writing, proofing, and communications skills.
- Graphic Design and photography experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with WordPress and a variety of social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and follow deadlines; detail-oriented and highly organized.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
Allens Lane Art Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status in any of its activities and operations. These activities and operations include, but are not limited to, employee hiring and employment practices; selection and management of volunteers, vendors, and contractors; provision of services; and dealings with the general public.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com