Mt. Airy Arts Festival
September 9th, 2023 12-6pm
September 10th Rain Date
Allens Lane Art Center is celebrating 70 Years of bringing Mt. Airy together through the arts! In partnership with West Mt Airy Neighbors, we will honor this important milestone by hosting our first Mt Airy Arts Festival! This free public event on September 9th will bring together local artists, makers, craftspeople, performers, and young artists throughout the Northwest. The festival will take place at Allens Lane Park and will highlight and celebrate the vibrant arts and culture scene in Northwest Philadelphia. The day will include:
- Art-making stations in a variety of media for youth and adults
- Theatrical and musical performances by local actors and musicians
- An art market of local artist vendors
- Children’s Art exhibition with artwork showcasing young artists in local public schools
- Lots of fun and creative games
- Food trucks and culinary artists vendors
- Relaunch of the Mt Airy Arts Alliance
Call For Artists
Apply by May 31st
We want to highlight all the amazing local artists and makers at the Festival. To participate in the Mt. Airy Arts Festival Art Market, artists must reside in the 19144, 19119, and 19118 zip codes. The market will take place on the grounds of Allens Lane Park, and artists will need to provide their own tables and tents. (Tents are optional and not required)
$70 Vendor Fee must be made payable to Allens Lane Art Center at the time of acceptance. We will waive the fee for applicants under the age of 18.
The vendor applications will be juried by the Outreach Committee, made up of ALAC board members, staff, and students. Submitting an application is not a guarantee of acceptance. Applicants will be notified via email by early June. The decisions of the jury will be final.
- This event is a fine art and craft market. Both fine and functional work will be considered.
- All work must be the vendor’s original artwork and of professional quality.
- Work will be judged on originality, craftsmanship, and age appropriateness for young visitors to the event.
- All presented artwork must be for sale.
- Display materials, signage, and setup are the responsibility of the artist and must be professional in appearance.
- The vendors are required to stay for the whole duration of the event 12-6 pm.
- The vendors are responsible for transporting their materials, tables, and display signs to and from the event.
- Spaces may be shared but will be limited to the size of one space. Both vendors sharing a space must submit images to be considered. Shared spaces will be charged $45 per artist for a total of $90.
- Vendors must get to the event by 11:30 am for set up.
- Vendors will be arranged on a map by the Center’s staff and will be informed of their location a week before the event.