Due to covid-19 and CDC guidelines, the rental of our facility spaces is currently on hold. We are accepting space rental reservations for the future and we can put you on our calendar should things get better but doing so is no guarantee that we'll be able to rent out the spaces. - THANK YOU.
RENTALS OF THEATER AND STUDIOS
Located in a former carriage house on 7 acres in beautiful Fairmount Park, the Art Center has several art studios, a dance room, a professionally equipped theater, an art gallery, and a kitchen. In 2007, the facility was renovated to create a much more attractive, functional, and safe place to enjoy the arts. The park grounds include a playground, four tennis courts, a basketball court, an open field, and plenty of free parking near the building.
Allens Lane Art Center occasionally rents out our theater and studios to the general public for a variety of events: weddings, parties, anniversaries, business meetings, and performances. Since the Center's rooms are primarily utilized by our own programs and offerings, you are encouraged to contact us to see which times and dates would be available to you. We also encourage anyone who is interested but has not yet toured the facility to contact us to set up a time to tour the facility.
- Our fees to rent any of the spaces is $150 per hour (per room).
- The time for set up and break down of your event will be charged to your total.
- There is a three-hour minimum charge to rent any of our spaces.
- There is a $150 non-refundable deposit to hold the space. This payment is applied to your total rental fees due.
- The theater is rented with house lights only. If you wish use our theater lights and sound, there is an additional $35 per hour fee to hire our Theater Manager. The Theater Manager can work with you to set up the theater lighting and will run the system for you during your engagement.
- We ask all events that require food to use our in-house caterer, Myriad Delights. Once a date has been set, we encourage you to contact Myriad Delights to discuss your event and your event needs.
- All parties are required to have event insurance. This is a simple rider that you can obtain from your current insurance provider. A copy of this rider needs to be on file at the Center prior to the start of your event.
- Theater space rental includes the use of our box office, lobby, green room, and bathrooms. There is an additional charge for use of the kitchen.
- Space rental includes the use of the room's tables and chairs.
- During your rental, the Center's Facility Manager will be present to open up and lock the Center. This person will be available for emergency situations.
- Artists wish to rent a studio(s) for their own use for practice or to hold classes are encouraged to contact us. Lower fees for multiple day rentals are available for artists.
- There is a small discount available for rentals to non-profit organizations.
- The park area and grounds are part of Fairmount Park. For more information about park use permits or reserving the park for your event, contact the City of Philadelphia's Parks and Recreation Department. Allens Lane Art Center does not schedule or oversee any of the activities that occur in the park.