Become a Board Member
Are you interested in creating opportunities for our community to come together and experience the arts? Allens Lane Art Center welcomes applications for Board openings from qualified applicants interested in devoting their time, experience, skills and resources to our organization. All Board Members are volunteers who support the Center, the community, and the arts.
While applications are accepted throughout the year, the Board conducts interviews with prospective qualified applicants in early Spring. If you apply between June and March we encourage you to consider serving on one of our Board Committees until the nominations cycle begins, giving both you and the organization a chance to learn more about each other.
Please know that there are many factors that the Board considers when selecting a new Board member for a vacancy. In addition to the skills and experience needed at any given year we are committed to ensuring that the Board reflects the diversity of our community. We therefore consider qualities and attributes that will help ensure a diverse and vibrant group when building our Board.
Below are some of the key duties of a Board member. (A full Job Description and expectations will be shared with you if you proceed to an interview.)
- Make a minimum three-year commitment to serve on the board. This three-year commitment can be renewed once for a total of six years.
- Attend a minimum of 4 of the 5 bimonthly board meetings each year.
- Contribute $1,000 a year, either personally or by soliciting the amount from other prospective donors, funders or sponsors.
- Serve on at least one Board Committee and support fundraising efforts, as appropriate.
- Attend ALAC events, programs, and fundraisers.
- Act as an Ambassador of the organization with your various communities.
If interested please complete the form below and submit it along with your current Resume/CV (you can attach it to the form below). We very much appreciate your interest in the Allens Lane Arts Center!